Early education is vital for the development of a child’s academic and social skills as he/she grows up. Some children are too young to be enrolled in a primary school.
A play school serves as an ideal option for them. As a good substitute for home-based learning, a play school boosts a child’s brain and his/her problem-solving skills.
That said, the important question is to locate the best preschool for kids. You can find preschools nearby your locality by Googling with queries such as “play school near me”. But because it is a life-impacting decision for your kid, you might want to find the best formula to make an informed decision.
While there is no fixed formula for it, you can consider a few points to take the right step forward in this direction. When you come to think of it, you might want to consider a few parameters.
For instance, some schools might have the best infrastructure but less experienced teachers. Also, you might come across those that have good teachers but a swanky infrastructure. As a parent, the onus would be on you to decide on the preschool in which you would want to enrol your toddler.
To make an informed decision, you can consider the following points:
- Talk to the parents of other children:Want to get credible information about preschools in your locality or the nearby areas from your residence? Your neighbours or friends could help you with it. Talk to those who have enrolled their kids in a preschool to know about its features. Though you might spot preschools near your location on the Internet, you might not be sure about the credibility of the details of features presented on the Internet.
- Find out the methodology of a preschool before making the final call:The term “Montessori” is ambiguous, meaning that it can mean several things. Most play schools use this umbrella term to define their philosophy and methodology. Even if it sounds impressive to you, you must ask a preschool to spell out its teaching methods and individual philosophy for you.
- Check the safety precautions and infrastructure: Play equipment and teaching aids of a preschool will have a direct bearing on the mental development of your child. So, try to find out if the activities and the environment of a preschool are conducive for your child before making the final call. Also, enquire about the safety precautions of a preschool.
- Find out whether or not a preschool involves parents in decision making:Both teachers and parents jointly contribute to the education of children at the preschool level. Therefore, proper communication between both is necessary to monitor the progress of a child. It helps make timely changes to the schedule or the approach of learning for a child whenever necessary.
- Find out if a preschool supports app-based learning:App-based learning is the modern way of keeping kids engaged at home. Just like other parents, you might also want your child to keep learning even when they are home. It helps continue the education of toddlers without exposing them to the risk of catching the infection. Mindseed has an innovative approach to engaging kids at home with app-based learning. Before enrolling your kid in a preschool find out if it also offers a similar feature.
As is the case with other parents, you might want to enrol your kid in the best preschool nearby your locality. Try putting the above points into practice to choose the right play school for your toddler.